BI Systems Analyst
The Business Intelligence (BI) systems analyst is responsible for conceptualizing, designing, implementing, and supporting BI solutions. The right individual will possess experience in all stages of BI delivery including requirements analysis, logical design, physical design, implementation, testing and deployment. The BI systems analyst should have a firm grasp of BI implementation methodologies in order to ensure BI solutions are robust and scalable.
- Interact with business leads and other stakeholders to establish information needs.
- Conduct data analysis and data profiling on various source systems.
- Design and document logical and physical data models using dimension modelling techniques as well as relational modelling techniques.
- Review data models with functional and technical teams via walkthroughs of the planned solution.
- Interact with software developers, business analysts, quality management and end-users to communicate BI designs and solutions.
- Interact with systems architects to discuss solutions, challenges and enhancements.
- Establish, maintain, and ensure compliance with data modelling and data integration standards.
- Lead the creation, enhancement and implementation of newer BI standards and processes.
Personal Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be able to present solutions and data storylines.
- Solid experience in gathering requirements for reporting solutions and data analytics.
- Solid experience in writing functional and technical specifications, process flows and source-to-target mappings.
- Experience working with BI front-end tools to develop prototype solutions (Power BI, Excel).
- Strong SQL query writing ability (across database environments).
- Strong experience in logical and physical data modelling using a variety of techniques including Kimball.
- Strong database fundamentals and data modelling knowledge (normalization and de-normalization).
- Experience in ETL design and a good understanding of ETL solution architectures.
- Good understanding of ODS, data warehouse, data mart, cube, and database technologies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to navigate ambiguity and complexity around business products and benefits and how they tie into data.
- Strong understanding of Master Data management (MDM), Metadata Management and Data Governance (DG).
Education and Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in either Computer Science or Informatics
- Business Intelligence certifications will be an added advantage
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in BI with over 5 years’ experience in implementing complete BI solutions at an enterprise level.
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying